Investigate the standard deviation of a distribution.
Note: The standard deviation computed is the population standard deviation.
- Click on boxes in the grid to create a distribution of numbers.
- The number of filled cells in any column indicates the number of times the corresponding column
value occurs in the distribution.
- Clicking on the topmost filled box in any column clears the column.
- Clicking on any unfilled box in the column fills the column to the selected cell.
- The mean of the distribution is indicated by a green triangle.
- The size of the standard deviation is shown by the blue bar.
- Use the spinners at the top to change the number of rows or columns.
- The mean and standard deviation indicators can be toggled on or off using the
check boxes at the top.
- Use the "show values" checkbox to show the numeric values of the mean and standard deviation.