Next: Lab 1 - Introducing
Up: Spatio-Temporal Models in Ecology;
Previous: Spatio-Temporal Models in Ecology;
On-Line Appendix of MATLAB Scripts
- ballspore.m -- script simulating
ballistic dispersal of a fungus in one dimension.
- turchtax.m -- script implementing an
IDE emulation of the effects of differential motility on aggregation
(described by Turchin et. al., 1998).
- malthus.m -- script implementing the
simplest IDE: Malthusian growth with dispersal in one dimension.
- nbspace.m -- script implementing
Enhanced Nicholson-Bailey model with dipsersla in two dimensions.
- rockies.m -- script generating a
two-dimensional random field with perscribed correlation
- bcs.m -- script using reflections in one
dimension to implement boundary conditions.
- bc2d.m -- script using reflection
technique in two dimensions to do mixed absorbing/reflecting boundaries (for a
- chemotax2.m -- script implementing chemotactic
response following Powell et. al., 1998.
Distributed in Class Reader:
- Getting Started with MATLAB. (green)
- Kot, M., 1992. ``Discrete-time travelling waves: Ecological
examples,'' Journal of Mathematical Biology 30: 413-436. (yellow)
- Holmes, E.E., M.A. Lewis, J.E. Banks and R.R. Veit, 1994. ``Partial
differential equations in ecology: spatial interactions and population
dynamics,'' Ecology 75: 17-29 (from the special
issue Space, the Final Frontier for Theoretical Ecology).
- Neubert, M.G., M. Kot and M.A. Lewis, 1995. ``Dispersal
and pattern formation in a discrete time predator-prey model,'' Theoretical Population Biology 48: 7-43. (yellow)
- Allen, J.C., C.C. Brewster and D.H. Slone, 2001. ``Spatially explicity
ecological models: a spatial convolution approach,'' Chaos, Solitons and
Fractals 12: 333-347. (blue)
- Powell, J.A. and N.E. Zimmermann, 2001. ``Multi-Scale Analysis of Seed
Dispersal and the Resolution of Reid's Paradox,'' submitted to Ecology,
August, 2000. (white)