This page contains the following sections:
Idaho State Univ. 1960-1964 1964 BS Math/Span.
Idaho State Univ. 1964-1966 1966 MS Math
Univ. of Brit. Col. 1966-1969 1969 PhD Math
Boise State Univ. 1971-1972 1972 Sec. Teaching Cert.
1. ““Primitivity preservers for matrix pairs” (with Alexander Guterman), MATRIX METHODS: THEORY, ALGORITHMS AND APPLICATIONS Dedicated to the Memory of Gene Golub, World Scientific, (2010) 2-19.
2. “Cycle Extendibility in Graphs and Digraphs”, (with David E. Brown), Linear Algebra Appl., 435(2011) 1513-1519.
3. “Linear preservers of term ranks of matrices over semirings”, (with Kyung-Tae Kang, Seok-Zun Song), Linear Algebra Appl. 436(2012) 1850-1862.
4. “Preservers of Term Ranks of Symmetric Matrices”, (with Seok-Zun Song and Kyung-Tae Kang), Linear Algebra Appl., 436(2012) 1727-1738
5. “A Comparison of Term Ranks of Symmetric Matrices and their Preservers”, (with, Seok-Zun Song and Kyung-Tae Kang), To appear in Linear Algebra and its Applications
6. “Preservers of sets of undirected graphs” To appear in Congressus Numerantium
7. “Preservers of cover numbers and independence numbers of undirected graphs” Submitted to the Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing.
8. “Linear transformations mapping Mmn to Mpq that preserve term rank”. (with Seok-Zun Song)Submitted to LaMA
9. “Term rank preservers of matrices over antinegative semirings”, (with Seok-Zun Song) Submitted to LAA via Shader.
10. “Preservers of Boolean rank”, (with Seok-Zun Song) (in preparation).
11. “Isolation number versus Boolean rank”, Linear Algebra Appl. , 436(2012) 3469-3474.
12. "A note on linear preservers of Boolean ranks", (with Seok-Zun Song) Submitted to the Czechoslovak Journal of Mathematics.
Special Instructor in Math - Boise State Univ. - 1972-1975
Math Inst. & Head, Math Dept. - Middleton H. S., Idaho - 1972-1981
Asst. Prof. - USU - 1981-85
Assoc. Prof. - USU - 1985-1991
Visiting Professor - University College, Dublin, IRELAND 1987-1988
Professor -USU - 1991-present
Visiting Professor - Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, ISRAEL Dec. 1994 & Jan. 1995
Visiting Professor - Centro de Algebra da Universite de Lisboa, Lisbon, PORTUGAL Feb. - Apr. 1995
Visiting Professor - University College, Dublin, IRELAND May - Jul. 1995
U. S. Army - ORSA Officer for 1 year in Vietnam (MACCORDS-RAD/A) - 1971
September 1987 - June 1988, Sabbatical Leave, Spent in Ireland at Univ. College, Dublin.
September - December 1991, Special Leave. Invited Participant in the Special Year in Linear Algebra at the Institute for Mathematics and Its Applications, University of Minnesota
September 1994 - June 1995, Sabbatical Leave. Spent at St. Cloud State University, Minnesota; University of Regina, Queens University, (Kingston, Ontario), University of Waterloo, Canada; The Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Israel; The Centro de Algebra da Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal; and University College, Dublin, Ireland.
May 2001- June 2002, Sabbatical Leave. Spent at SungKyunKwan University, Cheju National University and PoHang National University (Korea), University Of Wyoming, University of Regina, Universidad Politechnica de Valencia in Valencia and in Alcoi, Spain, and University College, Dublin, Ireland
May2008-June 2009 Sabbatical Leave. Spent at USU, Moscow State University (Lomonosov Univ.), and University College, Ireland, Dublin, Ireland.
September 1995-present, for Ken Pedersen, Patent Attorney, Boise, Idaho.
Irish Mathematical Society
Korean Mathematical Society
International Linear Algebra Society
Institute of Combinatorics and its Applications (Fellow)
Camping, Canoeing, Backpacking (SanJuan99)
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Utah State University
Logan, UT 84322-3900
Last updated: October 26, 2004