Please note the testing schedule for Summer and Fall 2013.
The last day to test for Summer 2013 (all sessions) is June 7th.
There will be NO testing June 7th . June 28th.
Testing will resume for Fall 2013 semester on July 1st.
The Math Placement Exam
The Math Placement Exam (MPE) can be taken at any time for a fee of $10 that includes the cost of one or two exams along with advisement by the mathematics and statistics advising staff. The Math Advising Office uses the MPE score to assess each student's math skill set. The goal is to determine a path through the mathematics and statistics courses needed for successful completion of the student's degree program. The process generally follows the following sequence of events.
- Step 1. Read the MPE and Class prerequisites and requirements.
- Step 2. Read the MPE FAQs.
- Step 3. A student who wants/needs to take the MPE must choose one of the following options:
- Attend a scheduled testing location during testing hours, MPE testing locations and schedules.
- USU Testing Services located in University Inn 115. Contact info: 797-1004 or visit USU Testing Services.
- If you do not live in Logan, UT, you may schedule to take the MPE at one of the alternate locations.
- All other MPE tests must be scheduled through our Math advisor Linda Skablund, ph: 435-797-0268 or e-mail (Linda.Skabelund "at" usu.edu).
- Step 4. There are two possible exams a student may take to assess the math skills the student currently has. After a brief interview the proctor will start the student on either the Elemetary Algebra (EA) exam, or the College Level Math (CLM) exam.
- Step 5. When the exam is complete, the student will notify the proctor that all of the questions have been answered and the proctor will use the score on the exam to determine if the student should take the second exam or if the student can be placed into a particular math course, say Math 1010.
- Step 6. After the student has been placed, the student can choose to enroll in the course determined by the exam scores or Review some set of math skills and take the exam again at a later time.