The Math Placement Exam
The Math Placement Exam (MPE) can be taken at any time for a fee of $10 that includes the cost of one or two exams along with advisement by the mathematics and statistics advising staff. The Math Advising Office uses the MPE score to assess each student's math skill set. The goal is to determine a path through the mathematics and statistics courses needed for successful completion of the student's degree program. The process generally follows the following sequence of events.
- Step 1. Read the MPE and Class prerequisites and requirements.
- Step 2. Read the MPE FAQs.
- Step 3. A student who wants/needs to take the MPE must choose one of the following options:
- Attend a scheduled testing location during testing hours, MPE testing locations and schedules.
- USU Testing Services located in University Inn 115. Contact info: 797-1004 or visit USU Testing Services.
- If you do not live in Logan, UT, you may schedule to take the MPE at one of the alternate locations.
- If you live OUT OF STATE please follow the instructions here
- All other MPE tests must be scheduled through our Math advisor Linda Skablund, ph: 435-797-0268 or e-mail (Linda.Skabelund "at" usu.edu).